PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Petrino Recruitment Meeting

Devin
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
National signing day is Feb. 6, which means new Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino has just three more weeks to convince blue-chip recruits -- and their parents -- to commit to the Razorbacks.

I'd give anything to be one of those parents when Petrino stopped by for a visit.

Petrino: "Before we start, can I just say one thing from the bottom of my heart? This is by far the best Chex Mix I've ever had in my life. My wife Becky will kill me if I leave here without the recipe."

Recruit's dad: "Recipe? You open the bag and pour it into a bowl."

"Hold on -- I'm writing this down. Into a bowl. Well, I can certainly see where your son gets his smarts."

"Yes, about my son "

"Best recruit I've ever seen. He could be a legend in Little Rock."

"You mean Fayetteville."

"Fayetteville Little Rock. I keep getting those two mixed up. Memo to me: buy map of state."

"You've never actually seen my son play in person, have you?"

"Not exactly. But I have seen him on film and he's absolutely the kind of student-athlete I want in, uh "

"Fayetteville?"

"That's the place. And while we're discussing college campuses, do you mind me asking where your son has taken his official visits?"

"Well, so far he's talked to Notre Dame, LSU, Florida, Mississippi and Auburn."

"Weird -- so did I. What I meant to say is, has he made any kind of verbal commitment?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3199306&sportCat=ncf (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3199306&sportCat=ncf)

Devin
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
"In 2003, your first year as Louisville's head coach, you lied about a secret meeting with Auburn officials to discuss replacing your former boss, Tommy Tuberville -- who hadn't even been fired."

"I was a young coach and I made a mistake."

"You weren't that young. You were 42."

"I meant young, compared to Joe Paterno."

:rofl: