+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GJ Power Rankings

Looking forward to the games tonight!
    2010 Wild Card (9-7 Regular Season, 0-1 Playoffs)
    2011 Wild Card (10-6 Regular Season, 0-1 Playoffs)
    2012 Wild Card (12-4 Regular Season, 1-1 Playoffs)
    2013 (6-10 Regular Season, DNQ for Playoffs)
    2014 (14-2 Regular Season, Jerry Rice Division Champion, 0-1 Playoffs)
    2015 (1-14-1 Regular Season, DNQ for Playoffs)
    2016 (7-9 Regular Season, DNQ for Playoffs)

2. Likes MiamiGM liked this post
    Great write-up, but the best part had to be starting the feud between the Playas and Outlaws.

Oh yes, you're right the Saints do suck this year. I have written off this season as we have no coach and now just hoping our high draft pick is not a bust and will be a DE that can get to the QB. What a novel idea for a DE on the Saints.

Just an observation; based on rankings alone the "Quiet Storm" are going to surprise a few people because the numbers alone place them fourth in the rankings. A case could be made that those numbers are better than the Thugs's numbers but either 3 or 4 is what the numbers suggest. Likewise the Convicts top ten ranked O-line and top 5 Secondary paired with the best signal caller in the game should in our humble opinion equal a preseason top ten ranking. Let's see if a dismantling of the Voodoo tonight can gain us some more recognition!
    C.C.C.

5. Thanks StalwartMIA thanked for this post
    well Hialeah and Miami have great teams but Matt Ryan is much better than Josh Freeman thus maybe the difference in rank
    2006-2011 Pacific Division Champions
    2012 Reggie White Division Champions

2006-2008, 2010-2011 Conference Champions

2007, 2010-2011 GJFL SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

FIRST BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS 2010-2011

UNDEFEATED 19-0 SEASON 2011

Regular Season Record 97-15

Playoff Record 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by Pan y Tomate View Post
    Just an observation; based on rankings alone the "Quiet Storm" are going to surprise a few people because the numbers alone place them fourth in the rankings. A case could be made that those numbers are better than the Thugs's numbers but either 3 or 4 is what the numbers suggest. Likewise the Convicts top ten ranked O-line and top 5 Secondary paired with the best signal caller in the game should in our humble opinion equal a preseason top ten ranking. Let's see if a dismantling of the Voodoo tonight can gain us some more recognition!
    Callin the Thugs out? You don't want none of this. Prepare to be dominated in the division for years to come!
    2013 GJFL Super Bowl Champions
    2016 GJFL Super Bowl Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Great write-up, but the best part had to be starting the feud between the Playas and Outlaws.

Oh yes, you're right the Saints do suck this year. I have written off this season as we have no coach and now just hoping our high draft pick is not a bust and will be a DE that can get to the QB. What a novel idea for a DE on the Saints.
    always been a feud there he is like that team that wears those pukey green uniforms in the NBA I have respect for them but hate their freakin guts !!!!

Playoff Record 13-3

9. Thanks Devin thanked for this post
    GJ Power Rankings written by Ziegernick

Allright ho's, spent some time putting this together. I'll release the bottom 8 today, next middle 8 tomorrow and then the top 8 teams on game day (thu). I put all the teams OL, DL, LB and DB #'s in a spreadsheet and ranked them. I created F7 (front 7) to be fair since I don't know if you run a 4-3 or 3-4. You'll see those rankings by your team name (The T is for Tied). I might post position rankings in another thread if you guys want. And then I used judgement on injuries, etc. to create the power rankings. I'm more of a stats man than writter (should have recruited one of you for that part) but hope ya like. Oh, and I'm sure I missed some things, like trades etc, saying I'm sorry now.

24. Las VegasSaburz OL: 24th F7 24th DB: 24th

Key players: O: QB Tavaris Jackson, RB Ryan Grant, WR SteveSmith, TE Kyle Rudolph

D: DL Muhammad Wilkerson, LBPatrick Angerer, S Jordan Babineaux

Not too many people in Vegas will be betting on the hometeam to win this season. The Saburz rank last or second to last in all major position rankings. Having the #1 pick next year should help with the rebuilding mode the Saburz are in.

23. Deerfield Owls OL: 7th F7: T 17th DB: 22

KeyPlayers: O: QB Peyton Manning,Kevin Kolb, RB LeGarrette Blount, Pierre Thomas, WR Andre Johnson, AJ Green, TEAaron Hernandez

D: DL Randy Starks, DE Jabaal Sheard, ILB BartScott, S Eric Berry

Injuries will shoot the Owls down this season but will be scary good come next year. Success running the ball behind a top 10 Oline will be key for some W’s.

22. Lake ShoreDrive 352’s OL: 21st F7: T 15th DB:21st

Key Players: O: QB Tim Tebow, RB’sSteven Jackson and Matt Forte, WR Earl Bennett, Jacoby Jones, TE Marcedes Lewis

D: DL Henry Melton, ILBBrian Urlacher

The 352’s will have to hope for a lot of Tebowing to besome W’s in the win column this GJ season. They are setup to pound the ball down teams throats, that’s a must to take pressure off a statistically weak defensive unit.

21. Oakland GrimReapers OL: T 10th F7: T 17th DB: 23rd

KeyPlayers: O: QB Andy Dalton, RBDeAngelo Williams, WR Brandon Lloyd, Dwayne Bowe

D: DE Chris Clemons, ILB Paul Posluzsny, S LaRonLandry

It looks grim for Oakland this season. The defense ranks towards the bottom and the Reapers lack an elite runner to take over games. On the bright side, rookie Andy Dalton looks like a QB to build a team on.

20. Erie Predators OL: T 15th F7: 21st DB: T 18th

Key Players: O: QB Matt Hasselbeck, RB Fred Jackson, DeMarcoMurry, WR Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson, TE Kellen Winslow Jr.

D: DT Dan Williams, LB James Laurinatiis, CBJason McCourty, S Kerry Rhodes

The Predators are putting together a nice young nucleus of players on offense but the defensive talent is surprisingly lacking this year. Rich has a way to keep his team in games, he’ll have to work harder this season.

19. RochesterTrippin Billies OL: 8th F7: T 19th DB: T 12th

KeyPlayers: O: QB Alex Smith, RBKendall Hunter and Ricky Williams (Jamaal Crawford), WR Brandon Marshall, EricDecker, TE Evan Moore

D: DE Charles Johnson, ILB Brandon Spikes, SMichael Griffin

The Billies possess a top 10 Oline but the injury to Jamaal Crawford will cause pain in other places, like the win column. With the front 7 ranked towards the bottom of the league, Billies might have to rely on QB Alex Smith a little too much.

18. Jacksonville Waterboys OL: 15th F7: T 10th DB: 3rd

Key Players: O: QB Matt Cassell, RB Jackie Battle, WR JeremyMaclin, Demaryius Thomas, TE Owen Daniels

D: DT Jay Ratliff, OLB Demarcus Ware, CB Jonathan Joseph, S Earl Thomas

The Waterboys could easily have a top 10 defense and a below top 20 offense this season. If the offense can’t move the ball and eat up some time, the D will request a namechange from Waterboys to Whiskyboys to help with the pain of playing so many snaps.

17. Long IslandVooDoo OL: 19th F7: T 10th DB: 18th

KeyPlayers: O: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick,RB Cedric Benson, WR Victor Cruz, Anquan Boldin, TE Jake Ballard

D: DE Jeremey Mincey, OLB/DE Mario Williams, ILBD’Qwell Jackson, CB Richard Sherman, D Jim Leonhard

The VooDoo will be competitive and as you all know, talk some trash. This team has some talent on the F7 but when Super Mario goes down, will take a curse of all the other 23 teams to suck if they want to make the playoffs.

16. Denver Deacons OL: 22nd F7: T 17th DB: T 12th

Key Players: O: QB Mark Sanchez, RB MJD, WRDeion Branch, TE Daniel Graham

D: ILB Curtis Lofton, OLB LaMarr Woodley, CB Charles Tillman, S Dawan Landry

Please bow your head for the Deacons game prayer, “Please dear Lord, since we have no strength on the offensive and defensive lines, give us yours, and please protect our QB and his physical appearance for his next spread in GQ. Also help us to some how stop the run so that we can get the defense off the field before evening service starts in 6 hours. Yes, they are that bad Lord. We thank you so much for the blessing of MJD Lord, please give him super human powers for he is the only shot we have at making the playoffs. Amen.”

15. Tampa Bay Bulldogs OL: 23rd F7: 9th DB: T 5th

Key Players: O: QB Mike Vick, RB Shonn Greene, WR Mike Wallace, TE Jermaine Gresham
    D: DT Vince Wilfork, OLB Von Miller, CB Lardarius Webb, S Dashon Goldson

The Bulldogs will have some bite on defense, unfortunately, scoring points could leave them chasing their tails. An offensive line that ranks close to the bottom won’t help the fragile Vick or open too many holes for an average Shonn Greene. This defense is good though, and will keep them in a lot of games.

14. Pittsburgh Rattlesnakes OL: 9th F7: 15th DB: T 18th

Key Players: O: QBMatthew Stafford, RB Ryan Matthews, WR Vincent Jackson, Mario Manningham, TEFred Davis
    D: DT NdamukongS uh, ILB Brian Cushing, CB Chris Houston

Pitts could be in the pits if Matthews doesn’t hold up all season. The Rattlesnakes offense will have to score a lot of points to keep them in games. But they could easily be on the outside of the playoffs because of their defense.

13. Ocala Mustangs OL: T 15th F7: T 19th DB: T 12th

Key Players: O: QB Cam Newton, RB LeSean McCoy, WR Nate Burleson, Kenny Britt, Jabar Gaffney, TE Jermichael Finley
    D: DE Dwight Freeney, ILB Ray Lewis, LB Aldon Smith, CB Brandon Carr

The Mustangs have a nice posse, yee haw, with Newton and McCoy, they should mount up to give a many GJ teams a nice ride. I’d expect a bank raid or 2 from Aldon Smith and Freeney if I were you. Unfortunately, the not so good front 7 could corral the Mustangs on a winning season.

12. Carol City Convicts OL: T 10th F7: 14th DB: T 3rd

Key Players: O: QB Tom Brady, RB Rashard Mendenhall, WR Pierre Garcon, TE Greg Olson
    D: DE Chris Long,OLB Daryl Smith, CB Carlos Rogers, S Kenny Phillips

When you have Tom Brady at the controls, there’s always achance. A decent OL should be able to protect Brady for the most part, while a very good defensive secondary holds opposing teams QB’s to nothing more than un-ARM-ed burglary. Get it? Un-ARM-ed, oh never mind. I see a trip to the playoffs and not prison in the convicts future.

11. Springfield Hitmen OL: 5th F7: 22nd DB: T 9th

Key Players: O: QB Big Ben, RB Marshawn Lynch, WR Julio Jones, TE Dustin Keller
    D: OLB Calvin Pace, ILB Erin Henderson, CB Nnamdi Asomugha, S Eric Weddle

You don’t want to talk too much trash about the Hitmen because, well, their hitmen! I like living!! And if it wasn’t for a not so good front 7, this team would be ranked higher (and I wouldn’t be looking over my shoulder). They are going to move the ball and take time off the clock, just except it. But if the defense doesn’t keep the score close, could spell trouble and an early playoff exit.

10. Philadelphia Revolutionaries OL: T 12th F7: T 7th DB: 11th

Key Players: O: QB Christian Ponder, RB Ray Rice, WR Reggie Wayne, Santonio Holmes, TE Rob Gronkowski
    D: DE JJ Watt, DE Jason Babin, OLB Brian Orakpo, CB Jabari Greer, S Roman Harper

The Gronk baby! He’s libel to gronk one up Ponder’s ass if he can’t get him the dang ball. Ponder, ranked 54th in the player rankings, oh Drew, if you only had him a year later, this team would go places. All I can say is, wait till next year. Oh, and our Saints suck. 1-4, really?

9. Pembroke Pines Phantoms OL: T 12th F7: 23rd DB: T 5th

Key Players: O: QB Drew Brees, RB Reggie Bush and Jonathan Stewart, WR Roddy White, TE Antonio Gates

D: OLB Rob Ninkovish, ILB Desmond Bishop, CB Cortland Finnegan, S Jarius Byrd

Brees to Roddy White, get ready to read that a lot in the weekly game stats, what a nice combo. Even though it’s going to be super hard to stop this offense, this is another team that will be hurt by the front 7. Triple P (that's for Pembroke Pines Phantoms hello) will need to score early and make teams try to pass on a group of top 5 DB’s to win.

8. Buffalo Warzone OL: T 15th F7: T 10th DB: T 12th

Key Players: O: QB Eli Manning, RB Ahmad Bradshaw, WR Nate Washington, Steve Johnson, TE Kevin Boss
    D: DE Michael Bennett, DE Trent Cole, ILB Darryl Washington, CB Antonio Cromartie, S Louis Delmas

Can the Warzone O-line protect Eli and be able to run block well enough to take time off the clock? Can they handle expect injuries? Can the 2 solid DE’s get pressure on opposing QB’s? Is Antonio Cromartie really as good as Revis? And can we really pull our troops out of Afghanistan? Ooops, different war, sorry.

7. Hialeah Quiet Storm OL: 3rd F7: T 7th DB: T 5th

Key Players: O: QB Josh Freeman, RB Michael Turner, WR Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders and Kevin Walters, TE Jimmy Graham
    D: DE Jared Allen, DT Kevin Williams, ILB David Hawthorne, CB Corey Webster, S Antoine Bethea

There’s a Storm brewing, it may be quiet and you won't know it’s there, but then it appears and kicks your GJ teams butt! I’m I saying take shelter and hide? Heck no, I ain’t scared, well, unless there’s…, oh $h!t, is that Jared Allen barring down on my franchise QB, nnnnoooooooo!!!!! This is one heck of a defense boys, be ready. And you better double Jimmy Graham and not try to cover him with an OLB or S, just saying.

6. Bismark Bison OL: 20th F7: 13th DB: T 5th

Key Players: O: QB Aaron Rogers, RB Chris Johnson, WR Charles Johnson, Doug Baldwin, TE Tony Gonzalez
    D: DE ElvisDumervil, OLB Terrell Suggs, ILB Navarro Bowman, CB Champ Baily, S AdrianWilson

If it wasn’t for the O-line this team might be ranked higher. The Bison having the NFL MVP on offense and the defensive player of the year make this herd ready to stampede. They will be in every game and probably come out on top in most. There’s a very good chance they will win the Jerry Rice division and meet up against the Outlaws in the Levy conference championship. The late pick up of Champ Baily might have made all the difference.

5. Northeast Lancers OL: 6th F7: T 2nd DB: T 12th

Key Players: O: QB Joe Flacco, RB Chris Wells and Darren Sproles, WR Michael Crabtree, Heyward-Bey and Malcom Floyd, TE Heath Miller
    D: DE Jason Pierre-Paul, DL Richard Seymour, DE Brett Keisel, ILB David Harris, S Tyvon Branch

I was googling Lancers for some terms and Lance Bass came up in the search, sweet. N Sync and Northeast do both start with a N but I ain’t about compare a gay guy and the half Lancers owner Brad, no way man, have you seen his icon pic, he’d squash me! Just like what this team will do to a lot of opponents this season. Is Brad tougher than this front 7, I doubt it, the 2nd best unit in the league will create some havoc. If Brad is defense, then GB (you can’t see it but I’m saluting ya bro, for protecting our country and putting a heck of a team together) must be the offense. A nice 1, 2 punch with Wells and Sproles, a better than average QB, and more than 2 quality WR’s to account for. Hard to see them beating out the Outlaws in their division but a definite playoff team.

4. Miami Thugs OL: T 12th F7: T 5th DB: 1st

Key Players: O: QB Matt Ryan, RB DMAC and Frank Gore, WR Marques Colston, Dez Bryant, TE Vernon Davis
    D: DE Calais Campbell, OLB Kamerion Wimbley, ILB London Fletcher, CB Brandon Flowers, S Troy Polamalu

The Thugs thon’t thuck, they thery thood, they thock! That’s you after suffering one too many concussions from the pounding this team is going to give ya. And the headache of trying to figure out who to stop on offense, migraine! The #1 DB unit will force you to run and that’s not going to be any easier against a top 5 front 7. Thugs should win the Barry Sanders division and have a great shot of representing the Lambardi conference in the championship.

3. Little Rock Razors OL: 1st F7: T 2nd DB: T 9th

Key Players: O: QB Phillip Rivers, RB Adrian Peterson, WR Wess Welker and Antonio Brown, TE Jason Witten

D: DE Julius Peppers, DT Alan Branch, OLB Cameron Wake, OLB Lance Briggs, CB Brent Grimes

I’m going to do my darnest to win the line of scrimmage with the 1st and 2nd ranked units, my mentor Bill Parcells taught me that. I’ll pound AP, dink and dunk with two 1000 yard WR’s, go middle with Witten and pray you can’t stop me. On D, I actually have some pass rushers this season, a new twist in the Razors arsenal. Injuries could easily kill any chance I have at making it back to the playoffs. An early week 1 test against the #1 Outlaws should tell me if I can compete for the big game.

2. L.A. Playas OL: 2nd F7: T 2nd DB: T 12th

Key Players: O: QB Tony Romo, RB Arian Foster, WR Greg Jennings, DeSean Jackson, TE Brandon Pettigrew
    D: DL Cullen Jenkins, OLB Tamba Hali, OLB James Harrison, ILB Derrick Johnson, S Donte Whitner

He tries to say he’s down this season, I call BS on that! This team is stout at the point of attack and throw in Arian Foster, momma! Teams will try to attack through the air but even that won’t be easy if he’s getting to your QB like a Playa coached team does. Game planning skills #1, OL and F7 that’s ranks 2nd, know what that means? Just another ticker tape parade in downtown L.A is all.

1. Oklahoma Outlaws OL: 4th F7: 1st DB: 2nd

Key Players: O: QB Matt Schaub, RB Willis McGahee, WR Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin and TE Todd Heap
    D: DE John Abraham, DL Justin Smith, DT Naloti Ngata, OLB Clay Matthews, ILB Patrick Willis, CB Darrelle Revis, CB Charles Woodson, S Ed Reed

I only interviewed 1 owner in the making of the power rankings, here is what he had to say:

“I am the Outlaw and this is a stick up! You can just give up now GJers! I have the best team on paper! Me, the Outlaw. You have no chance against the best F7 unit ever assemble in GJ history. And just for kicks, I have the second best defensive backfield so that I can assure you won’t even score 1 freakin, stinkin point! I will run McGahee behind the 4th best O-line in GJ, and you won’t be able to do a dang thing about it! Or I may just go deep to Hakeem Nicks or short across the middle to Percy Harvin just to have fun with your crappy ass bunch you call a team! Just watch, I’ll piss all over that team from California. It’s my time to hold the trophy and I’ll go undefeated doing it! All of you will bow down and say, all hail the Outlaw, all hail the Outlaw, all …”

I had to cut him off after 2 more minutes of all hail theOutlaw but I have to agree with him, this team will probably be hosting the championship trophy in the end.

Playoff Record 13-3

promoted this to an article on main page thanks slick rick now you can get back to your moonshine and tobacco

Playoff Record 13-3

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa View Post
    well Hialeah and Miami have great teams but Matt Ryan is much better than Josh Freeman thus maybe the difference in rank
    Agreed in that Ryan is much better than Freeman. Here is hoping I could keep it relatively TO free. If so, I should make my third straight playoff appearance since joining the league!

Thanks bro! I have a top 7 unit in the three facets Razors described so I am happy bout that. Let's see if I could pull off 10-11 wins thus season at least. I start vs a tough defense in Jacksonville so IRS challenging from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiGM View Post
    Callin the Thugs out? You don't want none of this. Prepare to be dominated in the division for years to come!
    I live thius rivalry! Miami and Carol City are easily two of the best teams in the conference. Let's if you could go back to the championship game this year bro. But I do hope I'm there this time around, lol.
    2010 PLAYOFF TEAM (9-7 reg. season / 1-1 playoffs)
    2011 PLAYOFF TEAM (10-6 reg. season / 0-1 playoffs)
    2012 PLAYOFF TEAM (13-3 reg. season / 0-1 playoffs)
    2013 PLAYOFF TEAM (11-5 reg. season / 2-1 playoffs)
    2014 PLAYOFF TEAM (15-1 reg. season / 2-1 playoffs)
    2015 PLAYOFF TEAM (10-6 reg. season / 1-1 playoffs)
    2016 PLAYOFF TEAM (12-4 reg. season / 1-1 playoffs)

REGULAR SEASON RECORD (80-32 .714 winning %)
    PLAYOFF RECORD (7-7 .500 winning %)

2014 & 2016 REGGIE WHITE DIVISION CHAMPION
    2014 LOMBARDI CONFERENCE CHAMPION

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa View Post
    promoted this to an article on main page thanks slick rick now you can get back to your moonshine and tobacco
    SWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I didn't think I could stay straight to post these much longer. Oh moonie how I've missed you so.

I'll try to post something with the rankings later if I can. Work and kids have fall festival at the school tonight, always something going on.

14. Likes Devin liked this post
    I found it interesting that 2 teams are tied for 15th OL, 10th F7 yet the 18th ranked team has a DB ranking of 3rd and the 10th ranked team has a DB ranked 12th. I suppose it might have something to do with the QB and RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Forbes View Post
    I found it interesting that 2 teams are tied for 15th OL, 10th F7 yet the 18th ranked team has a DB ranking of 3rd and the 10th ranked team has a DB ranked 12th. I suppose it might have something to do with the QB and RBs.
    Yeah, I took into account skilled position players along with the rankings and also little, itsy bit with injuries as well (like if a guy is rated an 8 but doesn't play much this year, like Mario Williams). I didn't get into team depth very much though.

17. Dislikes StalwartMIA disliked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiGM View Post
    Seriously? You should probably worry about this year, I don't care how good Ryan CAN be, BRADY IS ALREADY THERE. You make one run to the conference championship in how many years of participation, and all of a sudden you are a powerhouse? You remind me of the Oakland A's always dreaming they can truly contend with a bunch of overachievers. What you don't see is you are aging quickly and your cap going forward is a disaster to say the least, translation "Window is Closing". Reality is the Convicts, in just their second year, are here to shut the window NOW!
    C.C.C.

Seriously? You should probably worry about this year, I don't care how good Ryan CAN be, BRADY IS ALREADY THERE. You make one run to the conference championship in how many years of participation, and all of a sudden you are a powerhouse? You remind me of the Oakland A's always dreaming they can truly contend with a bunch of overachievers. What you don't see is you are aging quickly and your cap going forward is a disaster to say the least, translation "Window is Closing". Reality is the Convicts, in just their second year, are here to shut the window NOW!

We took it from The Brady last year, we can do it again this year. We made the Waterboys give up and rebuild after we were done with them. A year older and less weapons? The Brady doesn't scare Matty Ice.
    2013 GJFL Super Bowl Champions
    2016 GJFL Super Bowl Champions

20. Likes Dr Forbes liked this post
    Nice job with the rankings!

+ Reply to Thread